Last night I went to the first of six sessions in an introduction to printmaking course at Leicester Print Workshop. Our first lesson was in drypoint. We’d been asked to take along some sketches or ideas so I printed out a load of photographs that I thought might translate. I thought the one of a seagull (posted here on 27-Apr) would be easiest for me to complete yet give an interesting print, with this as the result.
I have to say that I made a real mess with the ink and stuff and scratching out the image onto the plastic made my hand sore but the thrill of seeing the image revealed after running it through the press is really wonderful. I’m really looking forward to the rest of the course.
And maybe next time I’ll remember that the image comes out reversed and will reverse all my photographs first